If you are not redirected in five seconds, click here.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Handmade-Chic: Heavenly Knit Vases . . .

(via Design Sponge)

We all know handmade & DIY is all of the rage this wedding & party season; from poms & buntings to hand-drawn maps & paper pretties, crafty brides & moms everywhere are rolling up their sleeves and getting down to business when it comes to throwing a memorable event.

And you know it's always the fun little details that truly stand out; a bit of the unexpected that arrives on the scene and just steals the show . . .  and keeps your guests talking for months to come.

Now I have to admit, I have been a bit obsessed with knitting over the past couple of months.  My mom taught me the basics a few years back and I spent the better part of a fall & winter making all sorts of scarves for myself & my nearest and dearest.

And while I haven't practiced near as much as I would like,  I have spent the last several weeks absorbed in Gil McNeil's 'The Beach Street Knitting Society & Yarn Club' book trilogy (if you haven't read it yet, you can purchase it HERE), and although I am sad to only have about 50 pages left, I am completely overjoyed to be inspired again by one of the oldest crafts in history!

Ideal for rainy April days and the evening breeze of summer, these hand-knit vase cozies, in perfect shades of pale, will look ever-so-lovely front and center on your next beautiful tablescape.  Just take a look . . .

(photo via 100 Layer Cake & courtesy of Love Me Sailor)


(Available from Bayleaf Studio)

(available from Bayleaf Studio

Cover a mason jar . . .
(available from Megan Esass)


or two . . . 


And who says you have to stick with just the vases . . .


Wine anyone?

(available from Retrotiques)

And if you get started now, just look at the lovely gifts you'll be all set to whip up for the holidays next year  . . .

So pick up those needles and get a-stitching!!!  And have yourself a fantastic week too!! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment